Mediterranean architectural masterpiece in Central Piedmont, commissioned in the 1920’s by San Francisco’s Ghirardelli Chocolate Family and lovingly rebuilt by the owners in 2020 with heritage pieces, custom stonework, tile, and millwork throughout to honor its Spanish Colonial architectural heritage – with a new flow and aesthetic to suit a modern family. This stunning 5br/4.5ba home is set back from the street and sits on a half-acre of lush lawns and gardens. It is available (with furnishings negotiable) for a 1-year rental starting May 1.
The main level features a hip open-concept kitchen/dining area, a large great room anchored by an electric fireplace with custom limestone mantle, a large library/bedroom suite. The expansive kitchen is centered around a 12 foot island and adjoining pantry. These rooms all open out to a sunny central patio through fully retractable bifold door with steps down to the gardens, fire pit, and play structure – situated amongst decades old palm trees and redwoods. Enjoy the best of indoor/outdoor living!
This level also has a spacious bedroom/office, a stylish laundry room, and interior access to one of the 2 garages (currently kitted out as a workout space). There is also access to a large downstairs storage area.
The home’s 4 primary bedrooms are on the 2nd level. On one side of the central hallway are two Primary Suites with state-of-the art remodeled bathrooms featuring artful stonework. The Master Bedroom opens onto a Romeo & Juliet balcony overlooking the patio and gardens below. At the opposite end of the hall are two sunny, spacious bedrooms, one with an attached sunroom/playroom. Both have walk in closets.
Other features of this home include:
- Level-in from street and driveway
- Gated courtyard with convenient access to the main level
- Two 2-car garages (one currently used as a gym), one attached to the main house.
- Tesla charger in rear garage
- Front, side and rear gardens featuring fountain, firepit/conversation area, and play structure,all relandscaped in 2021. Gardens are irrigated with water from an on-site well.
- All new electrical, plumbing, and HVAC system from 2019.
- Smart-home enabled. Ring doorbell and closed-loop wired security system.
- Electric and gas powered generators on site. Backup satellite internet installed.
NOTE: There is an ADU at the rear of the property that shares the driveway but no other part of the property.
Pets considered with additional deposit
Emily Hayward DRE #02196426
AndreaRentals: A Rental Concierge for Bay Area Owners and Renters